π(PI) is one of the most used notation in the science. Coincidentally 14th March is also Birth anniversary of Einstein and Death anniversary of Hawking.
(upper Image By Holger Motzkau – Self-photographed, CC BY-SA 3.0,
Interesting Facts about PI( π )
- In 1706 William Jones, a Welsh mathematician introduced a symbol of pi(π).
- Exact value of PI is not found yet, so we can not find exactly area of Circle or circumference of Circle.
- March 14 is 3/14 which can be compared to the value of pi 3.14. Math nerds celebrate this never ending number.
- Larry Shaw, a well known Physicist of his time started to celebrate 14th march as PI day.
- Some people loved pi so much that they invented entire language made of PI. Language is known as “PI-lish”. Michael Keith, a software engineer wrote an entire book, called Not a Wake in this language.
This article is part of series Science Celebration