Marie Curie is one of the most respected scientist in the World.
- Marie curie discovered radium and polonium. Her discoveries helped us primarily when getting an X-ray.
- She is also known as madam curie.
- The Discovery of radium helped Ernest Rutherford in the postulating structure of Atom. Radioactivity contradicted the law of energy conservation which forced to formulate the foundation of Physics. Her contributions matter in shaping the physical sciences in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Marie Curie majorly Researched radioactive substances.
- Curie was the first person to get Nobel Prizes twice.
- Curie is the only person to get two Nobel Prizes in Sciences. She got the Nobel in Physics and Chemistry for her contributions in Sciences.
- She was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize.
- Curie died due to radiation.
For More Updates Subscribe to our YouTube channel Physics Only
Participate in the biggest Physics quiz competition of 2020
Learn Physics with Fun and Practical approach Via MIT professor Walter Lewin (MIT opencourseware)
For more Fun in Physics keep visiting Physicsonly.com