Physicist Quiz is the quiz About Great Scientists from Physics. A Scientist from Physics Background is called a Physicist.
#1. Who first published the theory of mesons
#2. Who is known for discovering neutron
#3. Who among the following was an assistant to great astronomer Tycho Brahe
#4. Which of the following is a contribution of George Simon Ohm besides his Ohm's law in electricity
#5. Who formulated the chemical periodic table
Physicist Quiz Explanation is given below
1. Hideki Yukawa was a Theoretical physicist of the modern era. His main contribution was giving theory about the interaction between protons and neutrons, which is, of course, the meson theory.
2. Sir James Chadwick is known for discovering neutron, which is a nucleon having no charge. Chadwick’s discovery of neutron revolutionized modern physics as it paved way for producing elements heavier than uranium in the laboratory, by capture of slow neutrons followed by beta decay.
3. Johannes Kepler was an assistant to great astronomer Tycho Brahe. Earlier he was also an assistant to Prince Hans Ulrich von Eggenberg. He had a profound interest in astronomy, mathematics and natural philosophy.
4. Ohm also contributed acoustic phase law which states that a musical sound when perceived by our ear, it occurs so as a set of a number of constituent pure harmonic tones.
5. Mendeleev formulated the periodic table. He had an outstanding level of prediction which came out handy in the later times when some elements were discovered and placed in the periodic table just the way Mendeleev predicted. For instance, Eka silicon(germanium), ekaaluminium(gallium), ekaboron(scandium). His prediction was spot on, no doubt.
Quiz and Explanation By : Som Abhisek.
Definition by Bhautik Kapadiya
Participate in the biggest Physics quiz competition of 2020
- Who first published the theory of mesons?
a. Enrico Fermi
b. Hideki Yukawa ()
c. John Napier
d. Ernest Rutherford
- Who is known for discovering neutron?
a. Ernest Rutherford
b. Enrico Fermi
c. Leonardo Suskind
d. None of the above()
- Who among the following was an assistant to
great astronomer Tycho Brahe?
a. Johannes Kepler()
b. Galileo Galilei
c. Isaac Newton
d. John Napier
- Which of the following is a contribution of
George Simon Ohm besides his Ohm’s law in
a. Photoelectric effect
b. Acoustic phase law()
c. Law of equipartition
d. Zeroth law of thermodynamics
- Who formulated the chemical periodic table?
a. Blaise Pascal
b. Ernest Rutherford
c. Niels Bohr
d. Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev()