Electricity Quiz here,
#1. What's the SI unit of capacitance?
#2. Who demonstrated an experiment with a kite to prove lightning has electricity?
#3. If a dielectric is inserted within two capacitor plates, then their capacitance ______.
#4. How many coulombs make 1 faraday of electric charge?
#5. Work done to move a unit charge from infinity to a point is called
Explanation is given below
Participate in the biggest Physics quiz competition of 2020
Electricity Quiz Explanations
1. farad is the SI unit of capacitance, not faraday. faraday is a unit of charge.
2. It was Benjamin Franklin who did a courageous experiment with a kite during a storm to prove that lightning is a form of electricity.
3. Capacitance of the capacitor with dielectrics in between its plates increases.
4. 1 faraday = 96500 coulombs
5. The work done in moving a unit positive charge from infinity to a point against electrostatic repulsion is called electrostatic potential.
V = W/q
Author: Som Abhisek.
Other Recommendations by Som Abhishek:
- ASTROPHYSICS FOR PEOPLE IN A HURRY
- LOOPER Science Explained in detail
- AS A MAN THINKETH
- 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH CHILDREN OF MEN
- WHY SHOULD YOU READ THE DA VINCI CODE AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE
- SCI-FI MOVIE RECOMMENDATION I: PREDESTINATION
- Beyond Earth: Our Path To A New Home In The Planets
Share this article if you liked it
Subscribe to our channel Physics Only
1. What’s the SI unit of capacitance?
d. farad ()
2. Who demonstrated an experiment with a kite to prove lightning has electricity?
a. Michael Faraday
b. Nikola Tesla
c. Benjamin Franklin ()
d. Alexander Volta
3. If a dielectric is inserted within two capacitor plates, then their capacitance ______.
a. increases ()
c. remains constant
d. none of the above
4. How many coulombs make 1 faraday of electric charge?
b. 4 x 10-7
c. 96500 ()
d. 9.65 x 105
5. Work done to move a unit charge from infinity to a point is called
a. electric power
b. electrostatic potential ()
d. electric field strength