#1. Planck constant has the same dimension as ________.
#2. The equation p = E/c is valid,
#3. Which light gives rise to photoelectric effect in copper
#4. When does a nucleus emit a gamma-ray photon?
#5. Which of the following has the most dangerous biological effect
Atomic Physics Quiz Explanation is given below
Participate in the biggest Physics quiz competition of 2020
1. Unit of Planck constant is joules-second. joules is the unit of work or energy.
Work = force x distance
And second is the unit of time.
So joules-second = dimension( force x distance x time).
2. Equation p = E/c is only valid for photons as photon has the speed equal to that of speed of light(c). But electrons don’t have that speed. So, this equation can’t be valid for electrons.
3. UV radiation has less wavelength than visible light( here green and red light). So, UV has more energy than the latter. So, it’ll be able to eject electrons from the surface of copper.
4. After losing an alpha particle or beta particle, a daughter nucleus is left in the excited state. It comes to its ground state by emitting one or more gamma ray photons.
5. Gamma ray has the most dangerous biological effects as it has more penetrating power than alpha or beta particle.
Atomic Physics Quiz
- Planck constant has the same dimension as
a. force x time
b. force x distance x time ()
c. force x speed
d. force x velocity
- The equation p = E/c is valid,
a. for a photon but not for an electron ()
b. for an electron but not for a photon
c. for an electron as well as for a photon
d. none of the above
- Which light gives rise to the photoelectric effect in
a. UV light ()
c. Greenlightd. None
- When does a nucleus emit a gamma-ray photon?
a. After gaining an alpha or beta particle
b. After losing an alpha or beta particle()
c. After gaining a neutron
d. None of the above
- Which of the following has the most dangerous
d. both a and b